So after managing to run through the snow storm the other day, yesterday the roads were crazy icy so I just decided to strap on my purse and run on the treadmill. Before going into this blog I'd like to let everyone know just how much I hate the treadmill. I hate it more than anything, its like the modern day runners version of medieval torture. Headphones don't fit well into my ears so running with an ipod becomes more trouble than its worth, also my treamill is in my basement without a tv so I stare at a wall for a couple miles.
Even though I hate to do it, I still managed four miles on the treadmill cutting down from 7:30 to 6:30pace. Yesterday I also signed up and joined the New York Sports Club with a few of my friends. This I think will really help me because it gives me a place to do core and cross training plus do some light lifting and other things that will help me with my running. I have never done a lifting routine so I'm looking forward to seeing how that helps me on the track. This morning I did another four miles plus I plan on doing more work at the gym tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment