So I finally completed a full week of training. I've been feeling pretty good on most of my runs even with the weather being pretty crappy for most of the week. The biggest difference I noticed in myself is that I am enjoying the runs a lot more. So even though the run itself is physically much harder than its ever been because I am so out of shape, I still just enjoy to go out and get the run in which to me is a very good sign that I can continue to get out the door and onto the roads. Also over the past week I've been checkin out all of the results from people I know and have competed against. Seeing those people do well is also providing a bit of a spark to get out there and get fit because I know that if they are running these amazing times then there is no reason why I couldn't.
Anyway this is what my week looked like training wise:
Sunday: I ran 4 miles with fennell just going around a short loop so we would be off of the major roads. We took it real easy and averaged 7:30
Monday: Again I just went easy 4 miles this time with Brad Mciff. The point of these first runs were just to get myself back into the groove of getting out the door everyday. Averaged 7:30 again
Tuesday: I ran on my own while it was snowing. The snow was pretty bad and I fell a couple times going down some steep hills, but it felt good, I went 6 miles. I did not bring a watch but since I felt good I threw in a couple surges. Overall felt good. Also joined a gym so I started a plan where for every minute I run, I'm doing the same amount of time on either the bike or the elliptical. Went on the elliptical today for 40 minutes. Did some light core as well
Wednesday: Ran 4 miles on the treadmill today. The roads were just way to icy to run on so I jumped on the treadmill, as much as I hated it, I felt good and ended up averaging 6:55. Also biked for 30min and did light core again.
Thursday: Went 4 miles with Mcniff, he's had more time away from running than me so he's been hurting worse during the runs. Today though we ended up averaging 7min pace which is good. Went and did 30min on the bike again plus core and some bench work.
Friday: Since I woke up late and had class and watched the county meet, I just went and ran on the treadmill at the gym today. Sucked but my body felt good and did 6 miles averaging 6:40 pace. Afterwards I did 35minutes on the bike then light core.
Saturday: Went 6 miles with fennell in the rain/ice. I felt really good, and we averaged 7min pace.
Week Total: 34 miles
Solid first week back, looking forward to the week in front of me and finding consistency with my runs.
No comments:
Post a Comment